Welcome to the Penguin's world! Come in and Discover!

Hello friends! I hope you enjoy looking around my blog. I'm planning to keep it updated with pictures, stories, and news of my latest experiences... but since I'm not having too many extreme adventures lately, I'll keep you informed regarding what I'm learning. Very interesting stuff! At least, I think so. I've realized more and more how huge the world is (I know, cliché, but REALLY!), how much cool stuff there is to discover, and what a waste it would be if I just sat back and lived out my life. This blog is an attempt to keep my eyes open, and I hope it will inspire everyone who reads it to do the same. Each week I'll post a list of seven things I discovered about the world that week, and you can check them out on the right in the "Discover Something New" section, or just scroll down to see the most recent one. I hope you find them as fascinating as I do! As for the Penguins, well, if you don't know what that's about, then I probably don't know you well enough for you to be on my blog! Scat! For everyone else, Quack Quack, and enjoy. :-) -Caleb

Monday, March 30, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen, the XSi Has Arrived!

3 days, 5 prefectures, 10 million cherry blossoms, 1 new camera, 3 lenses, 1200 pictures... Let's see what this baby can do!!
(note, this blog seems to oversaturate pictures slightly, and I had to cut the size down to about 10% to post them)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the depth of field control is something sweet...!
Zeb

caleb said...

I KNOW! :-) That's the 50mm fixed lens, it's like magic! Highly recommended!

Anonymous said...

You are going to run out of hard drive space in a month.
Anyway.. great pics.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Awesome Pics Caleb! It looks like you've been using a DSLR forever! So you like the 50mm fixed lens.... I'll have to look into that.
Mom

caleb said...

I actually already have run out of HD space. :-) Yes, the 50mm fixed lens is awesome! f1.8, so the potential for indoor shooting and wide aperture is fantastic! Thanks! Now I just need to learn something about editing beyond the basics!