Welcome to the Penguin's world! Come in and Discover!

Hello friends! I hope you enjoy looking around my blog. I'm planning to keep it updated with pictures, stories, and news of my latest experiences... but since I'm not having too many extreme adventures lately, I'll keep you informed regarding what I'm learning. Very interesting stuff! At least, I think so. I've realized more and more how huge the world is (I know, cliché, but REALLY!), how much cool stuff there is to discover, and what a waste it would be if I just sat back and lived out my life. This blog is an attempt to keep my eyes open, and I hope it will inspire everyone who reads it to do the same. Each week I'll post a list of seven things I discovered about the world that week, and you can check them out on the right in the "Discover Something New" section, or just scroll down to see the most recent one. I hope you find them as fascinating as I do! As for the Penguins, well, if you don't know what that's about, then I probably don't know you well enough for you to be on my blog! Scat! For everyone else, Quack Quack, and enjoy. :-) -Caleb

Friday, February 23, 2007

Photographer's Favorites 2003-2006

Photography has been an on-again off-again hobby for me since my first trip to Europe in 2002. I love the way it focuses all my senses, as nothing else does, on finding the beauty around me. That's the thing about photography; everything has beauty. Maybe it's a matter of waiting for the right lighting, or finding the right angle, or catching the perfect moment, but the beauty is there, you just have to look hard enough. And once in a great while, even the beauty is penetrated to reveal something deeper, greater: a Spark, a touch of the Divine. These are pictures that have done that for me, for one reason or another. They capture a small particle of what I seek. I hope some of them will touch you in a similar way. If that's the case, then please comment below to tell me specifically which photos here touched you, and if know why. Part of my reason for posting these is to see how the hearts of others respond to them, and if it's at all similar to my reaction. And check here later for more detail about the story behind each picture. Mejte se pekne!

1. A Window to Heaven
2. Zina
3. On Wings Like Eagles
4. Under the Eiffle Tower


5. Tina

6. Sun Storm (or The Glories of Man, the Glories of God) 7. Strawberry Snow
8. Steps
9. Snow Church

10. Rising Moon
11. Strawberry Smile
12. Pavel

13. Moon Storm
14. Monika

15. Memories


16. Lucka

17. Love Takes Flight

18. Dawn of Adventure
19. Kacka

20. Frozen Dock
21. Crystal Fountain

22. Field of Dreams

23. Escape
24. Eiffle Gazer

25. Cross Bridge

26. Panda (or Wisdom)

27. Cesky Krumlov Dawn

28. Cathedral of Light
29. Love

30. Ben

31. Advent of Spring

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A totally unbiased response....I LOVE them all!!!!

Queen Q

caleb said...

Thanks! :-) That's not exactly the anaylitical data I was looking for, ^_^ but I'm really glad that you like them.